Tikkun Olam | Repairing the World
Making a difference in someone elseâ€™s life can make a difference in yours. Select the volunteer service that works best for you. The day-to-day outreach, companionship and assistance our volunteers give is an invaluable component of the support JFS is proud to provide to our clients. All commitments are flexible to your interests and time constraints.
- Friendly Visitor visits with an aging adult to play board games, read, or chat. You may take an older adult to shop for groceries, run an errand, or walk together in the neighborhood.
- Medical Visit Driver accompanies an aging adult to medical appointments and drives them to and from home.
- Support a Caregiver allowing them to meet their own needs, attend to tasks, or even take a much needed nap.
- Share Your Special Talent with pastimes such as playing the guitar, telling a story, playing bridge or pinochle with seniors.
- Exercise Partner might walk with aging adults and encourage them to exercise.
- Support the JFS Office by answering phones, preparing mailers, and other administrative tasks.